Friday, October 17, 2008

field trip

Well today was Katey's first field trip of the year. We went to Peacock tree farm. Yeah I know what you all are thinking-a tree farm in Oct?? I was thinking the same thing, but it turned out really nice! When we first arrived the kids went on a hayride, to the back to pick a pumpkin, and yes she went thru 3 or more perfect pumpkins before she found the right one. On the way back to the "farm" we stopped at a old house. The kids got off and they seen how people lived way back in the old days. Not sure how much they understood but it was neat. When we got back to the "farm" we went to an old school house. They learned that before school you had chores to do, boy or men always held the doors open for girl or women. She told this to Camron so I do know she did pay attention to what was happening! They got to see a bunny, a donkey, emu, reindeer, and a shoot cant remember what the hell the animal is called but it spits when it gets mad. OH OH OH its a Lama!! I knew I would remember!! Mom sat at home with 5 kids all under the age of 4 with Jacob being the youngest. They all get along well, so I wasn't really too worried about it. If mom didn't' sit with the kids I never would've been able to go. So Iam hoping to download the pictures tomorrow since my camera is downstairs and besides the field trip Katey had her first girl scout meeting, and I had to run to Holt to get her numbers that belong on her smock since I got the wrong ones, so it felt like all I did today was run around like a chicken with my head cut off!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

But you are a chicken with your head cut off, what are you talking about?!?!!?

I'm glad Katey had a good time on her field trip, and you had fun too! I've got that baby shower to go to tomarrow, and Dahrran has a swimming party...so fun!!!!

Talk to you later!!