Tuesday, May 19, 2009

froggin' around

On Sunday a friend and her son along with Katey and I went for a walk in a local park that has nature trail behind in. On our way into the wooded area, I for some reason looked in the water puddle that was huge, since we have had a lot of rain the puddle was very big. But anyhow, I looked into the puddle and I seen a TON of tadpoles!! The two kids were amazed like we were. I have never in my life seen this many tadpoles in one spot ever. So on Monday I called two of my cousin's and told them about our find. We planned on Thursday to go and "rescue" a few of these tadpoles and let the kids watch how these things without legs turn into frogs or toads. Well the weather is suppose to be really nice and sunny and with it being warm we were able to see the little tadpoles "house" dry up. Then today we choose to go to the park and let the kids play and before we left we would grab some of these tadpoles.. After we got done playing we went over to the puddle and noticed that the lawn mower just went thru, we felt bad thinking that the tadpoles were gone. But then we also noticed that were the tadpoles were at, their were about 4 guys standing and looking at them. When we walked closer we could see they were pumping the water from this puddle into the pond nearby. We quickly scooped up some tadpoles and placed them into our new "fish"tank and brought them home. SO if anyone in blogger land can give me a few pointers on how to raise tadpoles I will take them!

No comments: